Join Lauren for an online happy hour! With 20 years in the food/beverage and tourism industries, Lauren picked up plenty of stories (and, of course, Japanese cocktail recipes) along the way. She can give you insight into the Japanese food and travel industries, answer questions about life in Tokyo, and let you in on some travel tips and hidden gem food tours which will inspire your next trip to Japan! Between chatting and telling stories, Lauren will show you how to make your own tasty Japanese cocktails and mocktails from home, using common ingredients that can be picked up at a konbini (convenience store).
With this cocktail hour, we aim to:
- Create a fun and positive environment for chats about life in Japan, travel, food & more
- Teach cocktail recipes that are simple to make at home
We are Japanese food tourism pros! While we, like other businesses, are not currently able to have guests on our walking food tours, we are looking forward to connecting with you and sharing our knowledge. Without even leaving home, you can have a similar experience to one of our food tours, hearing about Lauren’s stories and food adventures, while learning how to make 2 mixed drinks. Join us for our online cocktail hour to chat about Japanese food and the world of culinary tourism!
- Spoon (bar spoon or tablespoon)
- 2 glasses (1 tall water or collins glass, 1 sparkling wine glass or regular wine glass)
- Shaker (optional but fun!)
- Bottle of gin
- Genmai tea or other green tea (any type)
- Ginger syrup (optional) I will also share how to make ginger syrup from scratch for the future. If you do not have ginger syrup, please have a small piece of ginger and slice it beforehand. We will cover muddling.
- Tonic water or tansan
- Small bottle of sparkling wine
- Sakura liquor or umeshu (available at 7-11)
- St. Germain Liqueur OR Cointreau (optional, but great)
- Fresh lemon or lime (or bottled lemon or lime juice)
- Fresh mint (optional)
Share stories with Lauren!
Make 2 delicious cocktails together, using ingredients that are easy to find
Learn a few bar basics
AMA “Ask me anything” session about Japanese culture, food, travel, and more!
During this 1 hour “Mixology Mixer” which meets online, we will talk, mix drinks, and learn together! After the experience, guests will also receive insider tips and resources.
Meeting Point and Meeting Time:
This experience uses online connection software. After your booking is confirmed, we will send the login info.
As this experience is hosted from Japan, please note that the time zone is JST (Japan Standard Time)
Are you a local living in Japan? We have had many locals on our tours who have given great feedback, saying that they were able to learn something new and had a wonderful and fun time!